Bible and Money: Economy and Socioeconomic Ethics in the Bible
Talbot School of Theology
hat does the Bible say about money? This volume presents the researches of 18 international biblical scholars at Ansgarskolen´s Norwegian Summer Academy for Biblical Studies. Papers include:
- The Prophets on Trade: Did They Consider it a Canaanite Affair?
- Two Categories of Loans in the Old Testament
- Give Willingly and Do Not Expect Anything? A Biblical View on Loans and Interest
- Government and Economy in the Hebrew Bible: Taxes and Related Issues / Markus Zehnder pp. 144-174
- State and Temple Economy in the Levant in the Persian and Hellenistic Periods
- Economics and Poverty: Negotiating the Spectrum of Personal Wealth or Shared Resources
- Proportionate and Sufficient Wealth: Financial Transparency in Paul's Collection for the Saints in Jerusalem
- Engaging the New Testament and the Welfare State
- Divine Plenty, Human Thriftiness: A Canonical Reading of (Un)Limited Resources
This unusual volume is a useful resource for researchers, but also a coursebook to be used in the classroom and a comprehensive introduction to biblical economic ethics in general.
Money -- Biblical teaching; Poverty -- Biblical teaching; Wealth -- Biblical teaching;
Sheffield Phoenix Press
Zehnder, Markus (2020). Bible and Money: Economy and Socioeconomic Ethics in the Bible. Sheffield: Sheffield Phoenix Press.